The Alfred Foundation is the fundraising arm of The Alfred and has a strong tradition of community.
In its long history of continuous service, The Alfred has touched the lives of many people across generations and supporters to The Alfred Foundation often feel a deep connection and special affection for the hospital.
Friends and supporters come from every walk of life across Melbourne, Victoria and beyond and include individuals, families, trusts and foundations, bequestors and major donors.
The Alfred Foundation’s recent achievements include raising funds for:
- a 48-bed Cardiac and Thoracic Centre opened in March 2008. Victoria’s premier cardiac facility, it features one of the most comprehensive cardiovascular services in the country and treats patients from all of Australia
- upgrading the Intensive Care Unit from 36 to 45 beds. This expanded ICU opened in November 2008 and is Australia’s busiest, largest and most technologically-advanced Intensive Care Unit
- raising $1.5 million to help redevelop the Burns Unit, home to the Victorian Adult Burns Service, opening early in 2011
- raising over $6million to help develop and equip The Alfred Centre, Australia’s first ‘one-stop shop’ service in a public hospital offering a new model of care, new diagnostic facilities and new operating theatres
- supporting world-leading research to fight disease
- purchasing life-saving state-of-the-art equipment to treat critically ill patients
The Fathers’ Day Appeal. Focuses on men’s health and is The Alfred’s biggest and highest profile fundraising activity for the year.
The Appeal has raised hundreds of thousands of dollars to help The Alfred continue to provide the highest quality healthcare.
The Alfred Foundation welcomes you as a new friend and supporter.
- Your friendship and support gives every patient who comes through our doors the very best chance of recovery.
- Your friendship and support helps The Alfred to save lives.
- Thank you so very much for your thought for others. It is appreciated.
The Alfred Foundation
(03) 9076 2000